Reporting Fall 2021 final grades and final examinations announcement
The following information was shared by University Registrar Debra Benton regarding Fall 2021-2022 final grades and examinations:
1. Classes that do not meet for the full semester (i.e., end prior to the semester closing date) may have final grades submitted beginning the last day of the class. Grades are entered through the Faculty and Advising Center, and the grade deadline remains the same (Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021, at noon EST). Grades are available to students within 24 hours of being submitted through the Faculty and Advising Center. Full semester classes may have final grades submitted beginning Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, at 10 a.m. EST.
2. All grades must be submitted by the scheduled deadline of Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021, at noon EST, without exception. This includes:
- “PR” grades for classes in progress
- “I” grades for incomplete coursework
- “FN” (failure, never attended) for students who have never attended
- “FS” (failure, stopped attending) and last date of participation* for students who stopped attending without official withdrawal
- “WP” (withdrawn passing) and last date of participation* for students who withdrew and were passing at the time of withdrawal
- “WF” (withdrawn failing) and last date of participation* for students who withdrew and were failing at the time of withdrawal
- “WN” (withdrawn never attended) for students who withdrew and never participated.
*NOTE: Last date of participation may be the last test, quiz, or assignment submitted.
3. Final examination schedules for Athens and Regional Campuses are final. On the Athens campus some courses have all sections combined to complete the final examination. Please review the appropriate examination schedule and announce to your students the location of the final examination. All final examinations except for combined sections are examined in their regular meeting location. Please review the combined sections examination schedule for room assignments for classes having combined sections finals.
Dates to remember
- Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 – Last day of classes
- Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern – Grading System available through the Faculty and Advising Center for classes meeting the full semester
- Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 – Saturday, Dec. 11, 2021 – Examination period
- Saturday, Dec. 11, 2021 – Fall 2021 Graduate and Undergraduate Commencement
- Saturday, Dec. 11, 2021 – Fall Semester closing date
- Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. Eastern – Deadline for final grades
Please submit final grades by noon EST on Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021. Final grades must be submitted through the Faculty and Advising Center. The system is accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week starting Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, at 10 a.m. EST. Occasional planned outages may occur during the normal OIT maintenance windows of Wednesdays, 2 – 7 a.m. and Sundays, 2 – 7 a.m.
To submit grades, visit https://www.ohio.edu/registrar and select Faculty and Advising Center. Once you have signed in with your OHIO ID and password, select Teaching: Class List/Grading. If you have any questions about the system or would like training, please email email@example.com or call 740-593-4199.
Instructions are available online at https://www.ohio.edu/registrar/grades#onlinegrading. Submitting grades late or not at all results in undeserved hardships for students. These can include denied degrees, lost job opportunities, delayed transcripts, problems with acceptance to other schools, being dropped from the next term’s classes if the course is a requisite, and denials of eligibility for financial aid, athletic participation, and insurance discounts. Grades not submitted by the deadline result in a letter being sent to the department chair/school director.
- WP” and “WF” grades require the last date of participation. This may be the last test, quiz, or assignment submitted.
- “WN” should be assigned for students who officially withdrew, but never participated.
- “F” grades submitted will require confirmation that the student participated and earned the failing grade.
- For more information regarding the last date of participation, please see the Academic Participation website.
Final examination information
The Athens Campus final examination schedules are available online:
- Athens Campus Final Examination Schedule Fall 2021-22 Semester
- Athens Campus Combined Sections Examination Schedule - Fall 2021-22 Semester
Deviations from the final examination schedules can be made only with prior approval of the dean of the college and must be cleared with the Office of the University Registrar. Each examination period is scheduled for two hours. For University policy covering final examinations, see section IV, item C, #1 of the Faculty Handbook.
Regional Campus final examination information/schedules are available online: https://www.ohio.edu/regional/final-exam-schedule
Multiple Final Examinations
Students will not have to complete more than three finals, exams, or other culminating experiences on the same day. If students have more than three on the same day, they may appeal to the instructor with the exam that is scheduled at the latest time on that day. If there are multiple exams scheduled at the same time, the student should contact the instructor of the course that comes last in the alphabet to find a new date/time. (For example, a student enrolled in MATH 1200, COMS 2050, ART 1141, and NUTR 1000 would contact the NUTR 1000 instructor regarding a new date/time.) This process must be initiated and completed by the beginning of the 13th week of the semester. The instructor will provide an examination for the student at a mutually agreed upon time during the examination period.