OIT seeks members to join Advisory Communities
The Office of Information Technology’s (OIT) Advisory Communities are a great way to learn more about the services OIT provides to the University. The key purpose of an Advisory Community is to seek input and influence from the community members on IT strategy.
OIT Advisory Communities provide a way for constituents to give feedback directly to OIT team members working on the products and services that they use every day. In Advisory Communities constituents have the opportunity to share what is working for you and what is not. It is a safe space to tell OIT about your technology needs, what you are looking for, what problems you are trying to solve, and have direct conversations with team members who can help resolve the technology issues you may be facing.
These Advisory Communities are facilitated by OIT Service Owners who provide services updates, information on upcoming projects, potential new offerings, and demos.
There are currently seven active Advisory Communities:
- Collaboration Tools - a community for those interested in tools that enable collaboration, such as chat, remote meetings, and storage solutions
- Computer & Device Support - a community for those interested in computer support, virtual desktops, digital signage, and other devices managed by the University
- Digital Workflow - a community for those interested in automated workflows that replace manual business processes, electronic forms, and document digitization
- Learning Spaces - a community for those interested in classrooms, labs, and other spaces where learning takes place
- Research Computing – a community for those interested in advancing Ohio University’s research initiatives through service offerings designed to support Principal Investigators and their corresponding data.
- Surveys - a community for those interested in supporting OHIO’s technologies for in-class surveys, research, course evaluations, and information gathering
- Teaching & Learning Technologies - a community for those interested in tools utilized for teaching and learning, such as Blackboard LMS, Panopto lecture capture, Top Hat student response system, digital course materials, and instructional technology support
To join an Advisory Community, click the links above. By joining a community, individuals will receive meeting invitations and be able to see updates and notices in the Teams channel.